Monday, August 17, 2009

Here it is!

Hi all! I'm so excited that you all have wanted to come over here and dig into God's Word a little more! I think it's going to be fun learning more from the Bible and learning more from each other! This site will be a place for us all to connect, pray for each other, grow in God's Word, and a place to be real and feel safe and stay accountable! If you are not sure about all of this, I still invite you to come along with us...you can lurk...it's okay. We are going to start out in the book of Job...it's a little heavy, I know, but I think we can all relate to it. We all have our trials that we are facing, whether they be money issues, loss of job, loss of loved one, etc... Job faced great hardship but he remained faithful to God and was rewarded for it. So...here we go. If you want to get a head start we are going to start with Job 1 on Wednesday. If we feel like we can do 2 chapters at a time then we will...but lets start off slow to begin with. We will do studies 3 times a week...Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I will post the chapters each day on here, along with a little insight that comes out of the Life Application Study Bible (and I think I'm going to stick with the NIV translation...let me know if this doesn't work for you but I think it may be the most common for everyone...but feel free to quote your verse in whatever translation you have...I love hearing how verses sound different in other translations). Then it's our turn to go to the comments section and discuss what we learned from the chapter, different verses that stuck out to us, and so on...I think it's going to be great! We can all learn from each other. When we are done with Job we'll figure out where we want to go next...sound good? See you on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hey Ali,
I just posted this on my facebook page so maybe we can add a few old friend's from IN! Thanks for starting this bible study!