Friday, March 18, 2011

Psalm 16

A miktam of David.

1 Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.

2 I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
3 I say of the holy people who are in the land,
“They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
4 Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.

5 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

2 comments:

Richard and Pam said...

I love this Psalm. Verse 2 "apart from You I have no good thing." and verse 5 - God has "assigned my portion and my lot is secure" I love verse 6. As I've gotten older I can look back and see the hand of God at work in my life and acknowledge that the "boundary lines" have indeed fallen in "pleasant places." God has blessed me with a godly heritage, good health,safety and protection, secure jobs. And verse 11 - He has "made known to me the path of life" and I am filled with "joy in His presence"
I'm thankful for all the blessings.

Anonymous said...

I like how it says in verse 9 that we can rest secure...sure life may not be easy at times...and sure we may go through things that we'd rather not...but God has us in His hands and we can rest secure that we are going to be all right and that He is going to be there to protect us...and in the end...we will be with Him!

I also like what you wrote Pam and totally agree...I love the Joy in His Presence!

Sorry I didn't get on here this week to comment...I was out at a funeral in North Dakota and didn't get a chance to...you can be praying for them...it was Jon's mom's cousin (Richard) that passed away...he was single but was very close to his sister (also single) and there is going to be a huge void in her life with him gone...also he was very close to his brother and his wife and I'm sure farming this year won't be the same. I'm sure they would all appreciate your prayers.

Well I hope you all have a great weekend!
Ali