Monday, March 7, 2011

Psalm 11

For the director of music. Of David.

1 In the LORD I take refuge.
How then can you say to me:
“Flee like a bird to your mountain.
2 For look, the wicked bend their bows;
they set their arrows against the strings
to shoot from the shadows
at the upright in heart.
3 When the foundations are being destroyed,
what can the righteous do?”

4 The LORD is in his holy temple;
the LORD is on his heavenly throne.
He observes everyone on earth;
his eyes examine them.
5 The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked, those who love violence,
he hates with a passion.
6 On the wicked he will rain
fiery coals and burning sulfur;
a scorching wind will be their lot.

7 For the LORD is righteous,
he loves justice;
the upright will see his face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fiery coals raining down on me don't sound like a lot of fun...I don't know why anyone would choose to be wicked after reading that!

Hope you had a great weekend...have a great week!

Ali

Anna said...

Vs 4 makes mention of God observing everyone on earth. Knowing and acknowledging that He is always watching me definitely affects my actions/decisions in life compared to before I accepted Jesus and I never thought "what would God think of what I'm doing right now."

And I agree Ali- I don't want fiery coals and burning sulfur raining down sounds pretty darn horrible.