Friday, February 11, 2011

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.

4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.
5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

2 comments:

This little Light of Mine! said...

I really think I'm going to like digging into the Psalms! It's like a breath of fresh air! :) And like verse 2 says we need to delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on it day and night...I really need to get better at spending time (quality time) with God...I think it's something most of us struggle with but I am going to try and get better...because I want to be like the grain that always falls back to God and not like the chaff that blows away in the wind :)

I hope you are all doing well (those of you still checking this thing) and can't wait to hear what you think!

Anna said...

I'm with Ali- I need to concentrate on spending more quality time with God. It's hard for me to find time by myself to just sit and read my Bible. It's definitely something for me to keep working on.

I really like the analogy of vs 3...

Very excited to get into Psalms!