Monday, June 6, 2011

Psalm 47

For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. A psalm.

1 Clap your hands, all you nations;
shout to God with cries of joy.

2 For the LORD Most High is awesome,
the great King over all the earth.
3 He subdued nations under us,
peoples under our feet.
4 He chose our inheritance for us,
the pride of Jacob, whom he loved.

5 God has ascended amid shouts of joy,
the LORD amid the sounding of trumpets.
6 Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises.
7 For God is the King of all the earth;
sing to him a psalm of praise.

8 God reigns over the nations;
God is seated on his holy throne.
9 The nobles of the nations assemble
as the people of the God of Abraham,
for the kings of the earth belong to God;
he is greatly exalted.

1 comment:

This little Light of Mine! said...

As I was reading this I started to think that this was how it was going to be in Heaven...we will be clapping and singing for joy to our Lord...and then I thought...I need to do that more often down here...sure people may look at me funny but I need to get more in the mindset of living for eternity and not for what people think of me. I need to show them that I am excited to be a Christian and that I serve a very exciting God!

Will you join me in a little clapping?!?! :)